Sunday, April 1, 2012

Watertower Picnic Table

Date


My last post was prophetic, as this picnic table was commssioned just after my last update. I wish I had better pictures of this piece. I will soon, actually, as it now resides on land just acquired by a friend and his family. I wanted to share these couple of pictures that I took right after I'd oiled it. This is a 9' long x 3' wide picnic table that comfortable seats 12, but can uncomfortably seat more than that. It is made from wood salvaged from an NYC watertower. As one would expect of wood used in watertowers, it is very durable in water and the colors are very rich in this wood. I have access to white cedar and redwood, too, depending on the watertower that gets salvaged and brought to my supplier.


More on woodworking tips & Plans, visit here

No comments:

Post a Comment