Saturday, April 14, 2012

New Pens with iPad Stylus

These are the first Stylus pens I have made. They will be going to my wife and each of my parents, since they are the iPad users in the family.


Each of these are Gold Sierra/Stylus pens.


First: Mesquite, with a little hint of sap wood.


Second: Wisteria, from my parents back yard. I will let my Mom and Dad argue over who gets this pen.


Third: Drift Wood, species unknown. Filled the crack with micro glitter and CA. The wood has a lot of color, from ash gray to bright yellow-orange. That is the remaining piece of original drift wood laying in front of the pen. I received this piece of drift wood from an IAP member in trade a couple years ago.


All have a 6-8 coats of CA, polished to 12000 micromesh and buffed to a nice gloss.


More woodworking tips & plans here

No comments:

Post a Comment