Sunday, April 1, 2012

Maple Table with Walnut Drawer and Catbox

Date




This client just bought a place and leaving the world of the renting, and having invested in a home that suited her, she decided to chose furniture that suits her, as well. The first piece she asked me to build was the catbox that you see in the last photo. This box fits perfectly and hides the plastic the liter box the cat is used to.


The pictures of the maple table were take at Tompkins Square Park en route to the delivering it. It was nice to have one of my pieces out in public. Two people stopped and might commission me to do work, and one person warned the person who was with me deliverying the pieces and taking pictures not to take it because it might have bed bugs. She assurred her that the piece was bedbug-free, as I'd just made it. I assurred her that the piece was impervious to bed bugs. This is, of course, a complete lie but would be a pretty good marketing tactic. What am I talking about? What have I become?


The maple was a pleasure to turn after the resinful heartpine. The walnut drawer is edged with maple, and creates a nice contrast.


More on woodworking tips & Plans, visit here

No comments:

Post a Comment