Sunday, April 15, 2012

Roubo iPad Stand

I saw the Roubo Bookstand and wanted to build it. My wife’s birthday was upcoming, so I decided to use her birthday as an excuse to build it (as her birthday present). The only problem is: my wife doesn’t like to read books. So… I still built it for her birthday… only she also got an iPad 2 thrown in with it for her birthday present. I guess its an expensive way to make it useful to her, but hey, I got to build it and I have an extremely happy wife that likes to use it with her new iPad 2.


All in all, it took me about 6 hours to build and finish it (almost entirely using handtools). It’s made from one piece of mahogany 15” x 7.5” x 3/4”. I tried to keep the hinge round; I didn’t like the way the straight 45 degree hinges looked. I finished it with a coat of Teak Oil. Thanks to Roy Underhill (the Roubo Bookstand was a recent episode of the Woodwright’s Shop) for the inspiration.


More woodworking tips & plans here

No comments:

Post a Comment