Monday, April 16, 2012

Harrison's Toybox

This is a toybox I made for my friends’ son’s birthday. He is 2. It’s my biggest project to date, and I’m really happy with how it turned out.


It’s almost an exact replica of CDavy’s toybox – thanks for the inspiration and extra details about yours!
http://lumberjocks.com/projects/44720


It’s made mostly out of 3/4” birch ply. The nailers (not visible, the trim pieces and the lid are made of poplar. The lid is about 14” wide, so I glued up two poplar boards to make it. The lid is supported with a stainless piano hinge and two toy box lid supports from Rockler.


It’s assembled with simple butt-joints that are glued, brad nailed, and screwed. I was “between” table saws when I made this, so it was done with a circular saw and a guide. The moulding and letters were put on with brads.


I am hoping to get some better pictures once it’s in its final location.


Thanks for looking.

-- Andrew - Albany. NY


More woodworking tips & plans here

No comments:

Post a Comment