Sunday, April 15, 2012

Small Tool Board/ French Cleat

I decided to finally get around to creating a dedicated space for some of my hand tools that require special attention ! Eventually I intend to build a wall tool cabinet much like You see here on L J’s, but this board was something quick and easy. I have always liked the French Cleat design for wall mounting storage, but when I started My workshop the walls were already covered in Pegboard . Don’t get Me wrong,pegboard is very useful in some ways but the French Cleat system IMO offers more versatility. This small tool board is deigned with the FC system and will have to suffice for now ! I do really like the quick and simple fixtures that can be made and used to store various tools. With rare earth mags, lace, pegs and scrap materials to make tool caddy’s, You can easily hang tools securely and the best part about the system is the adjustability it offers, adding new tools will be no problem. Well it isn’t a permanent fixture but it is getting the job done for now. Thanks for taking a look and stay safe…......ROB


More woodworking tips & plans here

No comments:

Post a Comment