Monday, April 16, 2012

colobolo and African Blackwood Wedding flutes

They were made for my son’s wedding. He never looks at this site, so I should be safe. He gets married on the 21st in MI. Cocobolo flutes with African blackwood stems and cocobolo bottoms. They stand 9” tall with the widest point at 2.5”. The tops are 3/32 thick…they would have been thicker, but those darn catches when you get near the bottom change a few things :) Was going to make a box for them, but got half way done and my heart and dimensions just weren’t into it, so I went to the round stuff. They are gorgeous from my point of view. Finshed with EEE and Mylands friction polish.. I figure the wood itself is oily enough, they’ll always have a sheen. Hope you like.


Scott


More woodworking tips & plans here

No comments:

Post a Comment