Sunday, April 1, 2012

Shelves in May

Date

It's not surprising, as I sit down and think what to write about the work I recently completed, that two people asked me to build them shelves in May. Spring does this to us. Spring creates in us an impulse to reorder. Perhaps the trees, now so full of perfectly orded leaves, inspire us to fill our walls and homes with little books, figurines, and other things we've picked up along the way. Maybe having these things on display make us feel alive.


I look forward to the feelings the Summer brings. I imagine a couple on their NYC rooftop, enjoying the sunset, breeze and each other in two lounge chairs made by me. I also think of a group of friends gathered around a picnic table in some backyard, enjoying the weather, good food and company.




More on woodworking tips & Plans, visit here

No comments:

Post a Comment