Thursday, April 12, 2012

Twin flat bed with drawers

I built this project because after wasting a half-a-tank of gas and mentally exhausting our search for a quality twin bed for a 9 yr old, we decided that we did not want to pay $200+ for a particle board piece of scrap furniture for a bed. So, a trip to Menards, 2-sheets of finished pine plywood, a few 2×4’s and some 1×4’s resulted in a fun-filled project for my two sons and I. I spent less than $100, a full Saturday and a new mattress that resulted in a pretty nice result. Benefits are the 3 additional drawers and a much sturdier/solid bed that will certainly last until he outgrows it (which will be soon I am sure). I also made it in 4-pieces. The two center pieces that hold the mattress, which can seperate for easy moving. And then the headboard and footboard that are detachable by way of 3/8” bolts and wood inserts. Enjoy-


More woodworking tips & plans here

No comments:

Post a Comment