Saturday, January 21, 2012

Toy Box for my Grand-daughter

Just completed this toy box I made for my 1 year old grand-daughter. It is made with red western cedar and birch plywood. The cedar parts are held together with glue and pocket screws with the ply panels floating in grooves. It measures 30” long by 18” deep by 16” tall, under the lid.
It was supposed to be done by Christmas but came down with back problems before the holidays and was just recently able to get back out there and get it finished.
Wasn’t sure how I was going to finish this and ended up just leaving it natural. That way the cedar will give off a nice aroma.


I don’t know where the yellow streaks came from but it isn’t real. Pics were taken with my phone and I guess it didn’t appreciate the sunlight.


a day without sawdust is like a day without sunshine….. Roger

-- >> my shop teacher used to say "do the best at everything you make for your mom because you're going to see it for the rest of your life!" <<


www.besthomewoodworkingplans.com

No comments:

Post a Comment