Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pencil box for my daughter

My daughters pencil bag zipper broke and she wanted another one. After looking at everything she had in the bag, I knew she needed a box. She picked the wood (maple and bloodwood) and helped with the design. I used the pattern from the ribbon box handle for the bloodwood shape. I had a book from the library that made box joints on the scroll saw, so I figured I would give it a try. The joints didn’t come out perfect but a little filler fixed that. I finished it with danish oil and several coats of wax. She seems happy with it and it sits in her locker with all of her extra stuff in it. Sorry for the fuzzy pics. Not sure what went wrong. Thanks for looking.

-- Paul, North Dakota, USAF Ret.


www.besthomewoodworkingplans.com

No comments:

Post a Comment