Sunday, February 5, 2012

Miter Saw Stand Plans

Portable Miter Saw Stand Portable Miter Saw Stand

The compound miter saw, commonly referred to as a chop saw, is the tool of choice when woodworking projects call for compound angles and precise cross-cuts. When working with a compound miter saw in a wood shop, there is typically a long table to the left and right of the miter saw to keep the stock in line with and level with the table of the miter saw.

However, when away from the wood shop, the best way to accommodate a compound miter saw is with a portable miter saw stand. There are numerous versions of compound miter saw stands commercially available. Even so, in my honest opinion, each model that I've encountered has some drawbacks. Sometimes, they are too difficult to set up or don't have proper supports for long pieces of stock. Many models are quite expensive, as well.


After researching the numerous choices of miter stands available, I decided to build one of my own. I used pressure treated stock for nearly the entire piece (except the table holding the saw) for longevity. In my case, nearly all of the stock for the stand was left over from previous projects.


When all was said and done, I had a very strong twelve-foot long stand that could be easily disassembled into six easily-transportable pieces, and set back up in seconds. Want to build one of your own?


The Finest Woodworking Plans Are Found By Clicking Here.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work! https://bestmitersawguide.com

    ReplyDelete